We are selling our dream home, a beautiful 4 season home in Northern Ontario on Watabeag Lake
(just, 27 km outside of Matheson, Ontario)
The address is:
Lot 245 Watabeag Lake
Matheson, Ontario P0K 1N0
This home was built in 2013 and we have lived there ever since full-time. The interior finishing is that of a beautiful house like you would have in town only you are 27 km from town, located on a point on one of the most beautiful lakes in all of Canada.
Our home is powered by a massive solar system so that no matter how big of a storm you might get, you always have power and no Hydro One bills ever again! This home is 100% off the grid, in-fact there is no grid near this lake, which is an unorganized township so that the taxes are very low. The combined property taxes and road taxes for the year are approximately $450.00.
Here are some of the amenities that come with this property:
- Located on a pristine clear/clean lake with nothing but beautiful sandy beaches everywhere.
- Lake has Lake Trout, White fish, Pike in it with so many lakes and creeks within 10 kms. These other lakes and creeks have Speckle Trout, Splake, Walleye, and catfish.
- Onan 20 kw diesel generator in mint condition (was purchased brand new in 2013).
- Tracking tower, which tracks the sun with 30 – 400-watt panels mounted on it.
- 15 kw invertor system so you will never be without power.
- 48-volt system
- 12 – 4-volt AGM batteries for power storage which were purchased in 2017. These are large batteries weighing around 1000 lbs. each.
- Brand new septic bed in 2013, certified by Ministry of Environment.
- 90’ deep well for water supply and there was a brand-new stainless steel ¾ hp. submersible pump, put in this past October.
- Home has 50-year shingles on the roof.
- Brand new sauna which has the main sauna, change room and a room for an enviro toilet, which I have in hand. Sauna is 100% cedar inside with a large rain shower inside and a hot water on demand water heater so you can have a nice hot shower when done.
- This is the nicest lot on the entire lake, flat and very well landscaped. Everything has been built really-well and built to last.
- Lots of flower gardens.
- Mechanical room in garage where most everything is located like batteries, invertor, electrical panel, water softener, etc.
- Approximately 2800sq/ft of living space on upper floor.
- Approximately 2800sq/ft of heated garage with 12’ ceilings. This is truly a handy man’s dream workshop. Main shop has lots and lots of cupboards with large work bench.
- Garage has high end insulated 14’ wide x 12’ high garage doors all with direct drive door openers.
- Chair lift from garage up to main floor as my elderly mother lives with us and the stairs were a bit much for her. Even if you don’t need the chair is handy when you have older company.
- 3 large bedrooms. Master bedroom has unbelievable view as the very-large windows in the bedroom are facing south and overlooking the lake. You see the moon and the stars at night while you listen to the loons sing and at first light you awaken to the beautiful lake right in front of your eyes.
- All high end windows.
- Fully finished modern kitchen with everything you could want their as well as quartz counter tops. High end appliances!
- Full laundry room.
- Kitchen and dining room has a rustic looking congoleum flooring.
- Kitchen and dining room are closely tied together.
- Livingroom was added just 2 years ago and is really what made this home the gem that it is. The living room is 15’ wide by 30’ long with maple hardwood on floor and large windows covering all outside walls with nothing but view!
- Master bedroom is beside living room and the dimensions of the combination bedroom, on-suite, and closet is 15’ wide by 30’ long with massive windows overlooking your property and lakefront.
- There is a beautiful large propane fireplace to keep you nice and toasty on those cold winter nights.
- 45 hp. Kubota diesel tractor for managing all your yard work. Tractor has a fully enclosed, mostly glass, cab enclosure which allows you to snow blow in -40-degree weather and you can be in a T-shirt. Amazing machine!
- Tractor was bought brand new in 2011 ($58,000.00) and came with the following attachments:
a. Full size bucket.
b. Lifting forks.
c. Back box blade for dragging the driveway when needed to smoothen out.
d. 72’ wide front mounted snowblower (amazing for keeping driveway open). You can have the biggest snowstorm you can imagine, and this unit just blows it 75’ away. It is actually enjoyable doing snow removal with this unit!
e. 10” post hole auger for drilling holes whenever needed.
f. Counterweight for the rear of tractor.
30. There is a 40’ C-can on edge of property with 2 side entrance garage doors installed. C-can is painted to match property.
31. 20’ C-can, painted to match the property, located just up from the cottage. There is enough storage here that you never have to leave anything outside!
32. Road from town is maintained year around and is kept very nice.
Things to do in immediate area:
As soon as you leave the driveway you are in a prime hunting area for moose, bear, grouse, rabbit, ducks, geese, etc. You can drive all day and never see the same place twice and never have to worry if you are on someone’s private property. The bush is nothing but crown land in this area, for miles and miles.
Every road you drive down in this area ends at a beautiful lake and there are hundreds of lakes that I have never even had the chance to try fishing so lots to explore.
Endless bush roads and trails to enjoy quad ding on and again, you can drive for ever in this area.
Swimming at your beach is always a treat as the sand there is perfect. Because I am on a point and facing
Every water sport you can imagine can be done there.
Ice fishing derby is held every March on this lake (Watabeag Lake). Ice fishing is a big deal on many lakes in the area during winter months.
There are many lakes within 2 kms and they all have trout in them. Every creek you see has trout in them as well and there are several.
Beautiful area to just take a nice relaxing walk. I myself love walking in the winter because all cottages are closed up and I am the only resident there at that time of year and it is just so peaceful and so beautiful. All you can hear is branches breaking under the weight of snow and the wind in the trees. Other than that, it is just perfect silence and so relaxing.
Provincial snow trails are in the area and you can go all the way to Barrie area I believe but if you just want to go out on your own there are miles and miles of bush with roads you can make your own trails on.
Massive sandy beaches at various locations on the lake where you can pack a cooler and load the family and go over for the day. The lake has a big lake and a long lake, and I am located near the narrows, so you have access to both lakes. Big lake is 5 miles long by 2 miles wide and long lake is 8 miles long by 1 mile wide. This is a perfect size lake for any boat regardless if you’re into speed or just relaxing. Lake never gets very rough!
42’ diameter fire pit right down by the lake. This fire pit is circled by decorative blocks and has a piece of 42” pipe inside to contain fire. It is so magical to sit down at the lake at night and enjoy a beautiful fire underneath the starts. There is nothing better!
Asking price is $799,999.00
This location must be seen to be appreciated. It is a dream for someone looking to get away from the hustle and bustle and just relax or retire. Solar system runs itself and it even tells the generator when to start and when to turn off so you can leave unattended for extended periods of time. There is a 500-gallon diesel tank right beside the generator with a pump exactly like they have at a service station so very easy to fill unit.
You will not find a nicer piece of property in the North for this price.
Serious buyers only please enquire.
Maurice at firstname.lastname@example.org
*It should be noted that if a person was interested, my sons are selling their small cottage next door to my home, and combined you have an instant family retreat! The cottage is about 800 sq/ft finished inside with beautiful white pine throughout. There is a kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms and is heated by wood stove. Brand new shingle roof installed this past summer.